Filecoin joins hands with Ethereum to “build the Web3” era
According to Filecoin’s official Twitter release, on July 22, Juan Bennet gave a speech on “Building Web3”: Filecoin+Ethereum is better together”.
The content of this speech includes the major progress of Filecoin 2021, some new ideas and opportunities for the hackathon, and how to get funding for your FIL+ETH project.
In September 2020, Filecoin publicly stated that Filecoin and Ethereum are the only way to the Web3 era. One is to create a network transmission protocol for persistent and distributed storage and sharing of files, and the other is an open source public blockchain platform with smart contract functions. Both are projects with revolutionary technological breakthroughs, and both are important foundations for the development of blockchain.
The combination of IPFS/Filecoin and Ethereum will open new enterances for blockchain applications, enabling blockchain applications to break through the current limitations of light data applications that only involve finance which will then allows more data-related applications to be implemented.
In the development process of Filecoin and Ethereum, Filecoin, through its own decentralized features and distributed storage technology had provides a more secure and effective solution for the application and data storage of the Ethereum ecosystem. Based on the IPFS technology, there have been many applications been implemented. Through practice and exploration, it is proved that IPFS/Filecoin technology is an important cornerstone for the realization of the Web3 era. Together with Ethereum, it will build a stronger, safer and more convenient ecology for the entire Internet.
There are several main points regarding the IPFS/Filecoin process update on last week:
1. Starling Lab uses Filecoin to store content and uses distributed ledger technology to enhance human rights. This includes restoring trust in online information and news, as well as verifying the authenticity of photos and determining whether they have been tampered with.
2. Filecoin block rewards will be distributed according to the benchmark casting strategy, which is a continuous incentive mechanism to maintain the storage capacity baseline.
3. Contentos and ByteBase content creation platform cooperate based on Filecoin network.
4. The LongHashX Web 3 acceleration camp held by Filecoin and Longhash Ventures will promote the Filecoin+DeFi+NFT+data DAO project.
5. The HackFS hackathon starts on July 30th and ends on August 20th.
6. The advancement of multiple Filecoin bridges: Filecoin and ChainX bridges; Filecoin Storage and Filecoin Defi grafting bridges; NEAR-Filecoin cross-chain bridge developed by Textile is in the testing phase.
7. The well-known decentralized oracle Chainlink and Filecoin have reached a cooperation. This integration can realize a two-way connection between the Filecoin network and Ethereum and other blockchains that support smart contracts.
8. The Ethereum smart contract development tool Truffle and Filecoin have reached a cooperation. This cooperation can help Truffle users directly deploy to the Filecoin network.
9. Release of zk-SNARKs mini website.
There are indications that the Filecoin network has established a huge ecosystem. Cloudrush will continue to help IPFS/Filecoin and Ethereum ecological projects to build a more complete Web3 era!
If you are interested in us, you can join us https://t.me/cloudrushglobal